Four of the girls from Delta Gamma Rho are going to South Dakota in about 9 days. They have asked us sponsors to go with them. I would love to go, but I am unable since I am nursing my youngest and we are having our Sunday morning Bible class over that Saturday. Oh, not to mention someone has to be responsible and be here for the service project. I am pretty bummed that I cannot go see Mt. Rushmore with them. What fun it will be. I am going in spirit and a big 8x10 of my face will be buckled in along for the ride. We are trying to plan another for next semester. We are not sure where the destination next time will be.
Anyway, besides that not much news. I have been so busy the last week and a half I have not had much of a chance to see my family so the rest of this week should be somewhat restful with the fam. Saturday is Homecoming at Harding so we will go and participate in all of those activities. They will have a petting zoo and pony rides for the kids. Riley loved it last year and it is FREE!
Dad and Carolyn will be coming tomorrow afternoon along with Nanny and Granddad. That will be fun. It is supposed to be another rainy day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
As much as I personally love rainy days, I feel so guilty about Elle's rainy day activities. Between me trying to care for and nurse Ava, trying to get a few chores done, and a shower (Ha!) Elle has watched 4 hours of TV today. Just one of those days... That would have been so neat to go to SD. Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned regardless.
I guess you better hurry up and have more kids so that you can go on the club trips sooner.
EMILY!!!!! You wrote on your blog about South Dakota...now that is a big deal!! We want you to know that we WANT YOU TO GO SOOOOOO BAD but don't worry because you will be with us every mile of the way!! And when we get back and haven't slept in three days you are the one that gets to laugh at all the crazy stuff we say and do!!!! Don't forget to call us when you are up at 5:45 with your child!!! And next semesters road trip is going to be about the most amazing thing this world has ever seen!!!! So you better start preparing yourself for it now!!! Thank you for being such a great sponsor, we appreciate everything you do for us and we love you so much!!! We are so blessed that you are a sponsor for DGR...we see why all the girls wanted you as their president when you were here at Harding because of your dedication and love. WE LOOOOOOVE YOU!!!!! And we wouldn't be who we are without you!!!!
How sweet. That even warms a mother's heart to see what others say about your daughter. love
well, i need to talk to the DGR girls about their sponsor. i could tell them some good stories. just kiddin emily you are all they said and much more. t think we need to plan a mommies weekend get away. i miss you dearly friend. wish i could have come to home coming. janette
Post a Comment