Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve

Let's just say there is never a dull moment around our house. We got home last night around 4:00 from Las Vegas. We unloaded the car and ordered pizza. After supper Joey and the girls were playing and all of a sudden Riley starts throwing up. So we clean up the mess and get everyone settled down. I put Josey to bed then we put Riley to bed. At about 10 she threw up again and we changed the sheets and pjs got her settled back down along with Josey because she woke up in all of the commotion. Then around 12:20 she threw up again and we stripped the bed and her again; this time without Josey waking up. So she came to our room and laid on a palate on the floor and finally she slept good. She woke up at 5:50 needing to potty and then she said that she was all done sleeping. I let her know that I was not done so she could get in bed with us. At 6:15 we were running to the toilet again. This time she had nothing in her, but she was dry heaving.
We were up at midnight last night so I don't think that we will be ringing in the new year tonight. Riley is doing much better this afternoon. She has kept down some liquids and a cracker or two. Please just pray that it is over and that none of the rest of us get it.

5 comments:

emma said...

Oh emily, I am so sorry that you are dealing with puke! yuck!!! Sorry that riley is not doing well, but I will definately be praying that nobody else, esp. you get's sick. At least ya'll have a good excuse for doing nothing on new years....we are just boring losers with no plans!

Emily said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better. We are boring losers too, but now we are boring losers with a sick kid.

emma said...

I think I'd rather just be the boring losers! Hope Riley feels better next year.

Kim said...

Emily--you guys have had your share of sickness lately....I'll be praying that everything gets better,too! Poor Riley.

We are home on New Years Eve,too...that is good plan to us.

Kim

The Montandon's said...

I'm so sorry that Riley had a rough time but glad she's better. Hope the rest of you don't get whatever it was. Have a great New Year and Hugs and Kisses to all.