Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving Disaster

Well, let's just say that our Thanksgiving vacation did not go as planned. We did get to see Joe and Beth and their two adorable children. That was good times, but short lived. We did not get to stay very long. Then we headed to Tyler to see my family. Things were good until Tuesday afternoon. Josey's cough kept getting worse and by that night she had fever. Wednesday morning she woke up and had 102.7 fever and was not happy. We went to a direct care clinic there in Tyler. It took forever. We got there at 8:15 at the latest and we did not leave that place until 10:30. She had an ear infection and they did an RSV test. They said that we would not get the results until Friday since the next day was Thanksgiving. Well, we went to the pharmacy to get the antibiotic for the ear infection and it was going to cost me $145. I asked if they would mind calling the Dr. to see if we might could get something else since I am from out of state and my insurance is not doing much out of network. They did and we got medicine for $5.13. Now can you please tell me why the drastic price difference. I don't really care, I am just glad I got a $5 medicine.

So after two doses of the antibiotic and Tylenol for the fever she was feeling better. At 7:30 we got a call from the Dr. They said that the RSV test was back and that it was positive. They said that we should go to the ER. This is not so good. So we did what they said and the folks at the ER said that there was no reason for us to be there that there was nothing that we could do except just watch her breathing and if she began retracting then we should come back. So we are waiting to be discharged and the lady comes to register us and we have to fill out paper work as the nurse is waiting to discharge us. We had to wait to be discharged because we had to register. That is how fast we were in and out of the ER. I am glad we did not have to stay and that was the best news we could have gotten, just very frustrating that we are going to have to pay for something that we did not need. (I will be writing a letter to fight it)

Anyway, so Thanksgiving day we ate lunch took naps and hit the road. Not the Thanksgiving vacation we had planned on, but we are all home safe and sound and Josey is doing better. We just have to get her congestion cleared up and we will be good to go. Josey's birthday party was cancelled so we will have to reschedule that for another day.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so sorry Josey has been so sick! I hope she is much better soon! Jack Henry had something like that,too about 2 weeks ago. I think it was croup,but it was not fun! Glad you all got to see family! Those are nice memories!

Kim

emma said...

Those pics of Josey at the hospital are so cute. I am so sorry we didn't get to spend time together. It will make next time way more special that's for sure! Maybe we can come visit sometime soon. Hope Josey continues to get better. We love ya'll!