Thursday, September 28, 2006

What are they for?

This morning over breakfast I had a conversation with my two year old that I did not expect to have. She asked me about breasts. Yes, breasts. She actually called them something else and I asked her what she was talking about and corrected her on the proper name. So she said, well, what are they for? I explained that Mommy's breasts are for milk for her babies. She then asked if her breasts were for milk and I had to then explain that they were not, but someday when she is a Mommy they will be. Then she said that she would just pretend and we all know that she does. Then she had to ask about Daddy's. She was wearing me out. I said no Daddy's are not for milk. She said maybe someday. I just left it at that.
She has a fall fun fair and open house tonight at school. I felt like a real mom. I was up this morning making brownies for the activities for tonight. It is from 7-8, so I am not sure if we will all go or not. Josey will be getting pretty tired. We will see.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

That's funny stuff.

The Montandon's said...

This is just the beginning of many questions. Keep your sense of humor.
Dad

emma said...

Elle has wondered the same things. Right now mine aren't even mine!