

Today, we cleaned out the kids piggy banks and took the money to open them each a savings account. Well, we did not actually clean them out because if they don't have some change in them they don't jingle. Riley had two banks so we are giving one to Lucy and we left the other one with money in it. We had fun and the girls had a good time at the bank while they got everything set up. I was really impressed with the totals that the lady told me after they put the change and bills through the sorter. Riley had over a hundred dollars and Josey had almost sixty. Not bad for a two and three year old. That was the exciting event for the day.
This weekend we are planning on going out of town. We are going to spend some time with the kids away from home doing special things just for them before things get too crazy busy with the arrival of Lucy. Then I go to the Dr. on Tuesday. Joey is probably going to be out of town again all next week, but we get him this weekend. That is about it around here.

6 comments:
Way to go girls. Keep collecting all that money. Love you
I think that Riley is going to be an accountant. Only accountants can get that excited about a journal entry in the savings account register!
Hope you guys have fun on your trip! Let me know if two sweet little girls need a place to hang out with two busy boys during the doctor's appointment next week!
That's great, because I need a loan in the exact amount of $160. I'm sure Riley and Josey will understand.
Those are two nice balances for savings. Looks like Mamaw and Papaw will have to bring some more rolls of nickels.
lesley stole my exact though...but I don't like loans...you actually have to pay them back
Not if you default. Just declare bankruptcy or transfer the balance to a credit card...like a true American! :)
Post a Comment