For those of you who do not already know, Riley has asked to have a wicked witch of the west birthday party and she wants a pinata. So, we are compromising since I am sure most of her friends that will be coming to the party have not even seen "The Wizard of Oz" and would be scared of a witch theme, we are have a Wizard of Oz party. This seemed to make her happy and I told her we could have a wicked witch pinata. So this week I have been making the pinata. I was not sure how it would turn out, but I must say I am very pleased with the outcome. The pinata is not complete because we will make the features (joey's job to draw) and have hair and such to add, but that will come later closer to party time.
Step One:

Step 4 or so I forgot to take in between pictures.

Making the hanger and putting the candy in

Completed pinata minus the finishing touches
8 comments:
I'm quite impressed. You and Joey should start "part time party providers".
Okay, if I ever need a pinata, you're who I'm coming to! That looks awesome! You did such a great job! Can't wait to see it in person :)
Good Job. Way to go.
love you
Wow - not only am I impressed with the pinata, but also with Riley's creativity for the party. Sounds like a blast!
Very cool...you guys are the coolest parents!
Very impressive. I want a pinata. Riley looks so proud too. Good job.
(Erin here.) Color me impressed. Great job.
A friend of ours just had a Wizard of Oz party two weeks ago....it was cute, but no witch pinata. The funniest part was that it was only a week after the big tornado that came through our town. Luckily everyone had a good sense of humor! "Auntie Em! Auntie Em!"
And I agree that you and Joey should start your own party provider business...I would buy!!
Blessings!
Post a Comment