Tuesday, February 19, 2008

No Insulin for Me!


"I do it myself!"
The famous saying around our house these days from the mouth of Josey. So, she fixed her own hair. No, we did not leave the house looking like this, but I thought it was cute.


I went to the Dr. today and got good news. I passed my last glucose test and therefore, I don't have to go on insulin. The diet and exercise is working. I now have a glucometer to check my blood sugar three times a day. That way we can keep tabs on it. I am okay with that. I did not have an ultrasound like we thought because I am measuring okay. In two weeks I go back for my regular visit and probably an ultrasound for good measure, but he is still thinking that 38 weeks will be good.

In other news:
Last night I went to a Jewelery party and Joey was not home yet so I told the girls what we were going to do and Riley was so excited. She made a list for me of what she wanted: "A necklace, a bracelet and a wedding ring like yours". It was cute. So I told her to go get her clothes on because she really likes to pick out her own clothes and we let her unless it is important that she match or like Sunday morning. Anyway, she got dressed and wanted to pick out Josey's clothes so they could be "cowgirl sisters". So I let her do the honors of dressing Josey as well. They both loved it and had fun with it. Someday she will be designing clothes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that the diet and exercise worked. Good Job and keep it up. Josey's hair looks awesome maybe she will start a new trend. I love the style show. I think Riley does a good job picking out clothes. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
emma said...

Love the pictures, esp. the last one. So glad you aren't having to do the insulin stuff...hope it's not too bad pricking your fingers...I'm a big baby about that kind of stuff. Maybe Riley can help me pick out what to wear to her party.

Kim said...

I'm so glad you will not have to have the insulin! Great job on your new eating habits!!! Keep up the good work and take care!

erin said...

That's good news. And what adorable pictures. Tell Josey I like the way she fixed her hair just fine.=)