Thursday, January 03, 2008

Josey's trip to the Allergist

Well, today did not start out the way that Josey would have chosen, but she did as good as expected considering the circumstances. As most of you know Josey seems to stay pretty sick and I do not like giving her medicine all of the time. So today she had her first visit to the allergist. It turns out that out of the 36 things that they checked for the only thing that she is really allergic to is strong smells. She cannot be around cologne and perfumes. Also she has a less severe allergy to soy. Soy is in a lot of things, but we will try to make sure she does not ingest lots of soy. So no tofu, soy milk, and we will not have Chinese food very often. All in all it was good and I am thankful that she is not allergic to more things. So if you are coming to visit us please to not wear cologne or perfume or use lotions with strong scents. Also, if we are coming to see you no candles, plug-ins, wallflowers, and potpourri. This will make our visits much more enjoyable!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that the visit went so well. I have never paid any attention what soy is in. Do we eat that much of it outside Chinese food? I am proud of you Josey for being such a good girl. love you

emma said...

Well I guess that knocks out all the grandparents...and just for Josey I won't let my family bathe for a week before visiting...of course that would be a strong smell, but not a perfumy one?

erin said...

We've done the allergist thing (for a supposed allergy to penicillin) and it's no fun. Especially when the 2 year old backs up and the needle goes way deep in his back. It'll be interesting to see if keeping Josey away from those things makes for a healthier little girl. Keep us updated.

Lesley said...

Good to know in case we ever see you guys again.

Emily said...

Erin, the test is no fun for sure. I talked to a guy at the health food stored and he also said that because she has been on so many antibiotics in her short little life that she probably has a build up of yeast in her body. Once we clean out her system she will also begin to feel better. So, hopefully through all that we are doing for her she will become much healthier.

Anonymous said...

Lesley I thought you were on an anniversary trip. Happy Anniversary Chad and Lesley.

Lesley said...

We had wireless in the hotel room. We're back now.