Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I will be 11 weeks along tomorrow and I have officially gained my first pregnancy pound. I am starting to show slightly which is much earlier than expected, but I guess that is just part of having your third. I have not been feeling as yucky as I was around week 8 so that is good. I have done something to my neck again and so I cannot turn my head. I will go to the upper cervical center tomorrow and hopefully they can help me out again. Yes, this happened a few weeks ago as well. I am not sure why it keeps happening, but maybe he can give me some insight to all of that. I really don't have much news. I go back to the doctor on Oct. 2 and maybe I will actually find something out this time like don't worry you are only having one child. That would be a good thing.
The girls are good. Riley keeps telling me, "Mom, I think that your belly is getting big it is time for the baby to come." I think that she is excited. I have to keep telling her that the baby's birthday will be in April, which comes after March. So after she turns 4 then the baby will come. Yes, I am setting myself up for her wanting to have the baby the day after she turns 4, but we will deal with that when that times comes.
We have set the toddler bed up getting ready to transition Josey. Riley was sad that we did not put it in her room right away. She is excited about getting a roommate. Josey likes having two beds in her room as long as she does not have to sleep in the new one. I tried to put her down for nap in it and she looked up at me grabbed her bear and her pillow and pointed to the crib and said "bed". So I put her in her crib and she went to sleep . She is a girl who knows what she wants. So over time we are hoping that she will become more interested in the toddler bed. We are starting now so that we have plenty of time to make those changes. Not only do we have to get Josey used to sleeping in the toddler bed we then have to move her to Riley's room and get them used to sharing a room before the baby comes so at least someone will get some sleep in the beginning.
Josey is really starting to talk and put words together for phrases. It is so much fun listening to her. It is also fun watching her and Riley interact. Riley is the typical big sister and I will add a video to prove that. Joey caught it on tape and it is funny. Riley is always asking questions and trying to figure the out the world around her. For example: What is our brain made of? What are fingernails made of? Why do our noses feel like this? How do reindeer fly? The light is green why are you not going? The light was red mom why did you turn? She is so observant and I love that she asks questions. I know that in a year or two I am really going to have to be on my toes because she will challenge me in many ways.

4 comments:

The Montandon's said...

Aren't kid amazing to watch. Riley sure did some backing up when Josey cried. I hope you continue to feel better.
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

I love the video. It is funny to see Riley trying to make Josey be quiet so she doesn't get in trouble. So typical.

love you

Lesley said...

call me crazy....but maybe your neck keeps "going out" because your going to some guy who keeps adjusting it into positions it doesn't want to be in. Just a thought.

CHAD

emma said...

thanks for the update. It will be interesting to see how the moving of rooms goes...that's got to be hard on a kid! But then, you'll have a little extra time after baby gets here since it will prob stay in a room with you for a while right? I am excited to get to watch you through preg #3!