Thursday, June 01, 2006

Cotton Candy, Popcorn and Elephants


What an afternoon. Yes, you guessed it - We went to the Circus. Well, you could call it a circus. It had one official ring and a cage for the tigers. Riley enjoyed the tigers, but she REALLY enjoyed the cotton candy. (she must get that from her Aunt Emma) Judah, Riley's best friend, invited us to the circus. I called Cindy, my faithful friend and babysitter, and of course she made the necessary arrangements to keep Josey so I could enjoy the circus too. It is amazing the way they lure you in and then have all of these little things that really add up so you leave broke. We managed to leave with a little money left in our pockets,but if Riley would have had her way I would have bought a ride on the elephant, a ride on the pony, a silly plastic thing, and a little carnival ballon on a stick. Instead I got off with just cotton candy and popcorn. Thanks to Judah, we did not have to buy a drink. I canned drink was $2.00! Can you believe that? Anyway, there was this girl that did a little trapeze act by herself and when she got done twirling and hanging upside down from the little trapeze Riley decided that she wanted to hang from it too. I think we will stick to the swing set.
Joey went back to Hot Springs (Village) today for a job. The girls and I are going sometime tomorrow to meet him and spend the night so we do not have to be apart and he can still get some work done. Hopefully we will have some time to play by the water again. We will just stay one night; Joey thinks he will be done sometime Saturday. Then on Wednesday, Joey's parents are coming in and we will be heading to Branson on Thursday with them. We are looking forward to that.

1 comment:

emma said...

If she's lucky she'll have as good as me in the taste bud department. Cotton candy is a fat free food!!! By the way, I like the pink....but I'm like you. Once you have 2 girls, it's really almost the only color you can see (except maybe lime green with frogs :)