
I got a call from Joey today telling me that he would need to get a Tetnis shot. So I asked him what happened and he said that his chisle had stabbed into his leg. I replied with, "Do you think you need stitches?" "Well, I got the bleeding to stop, but it could probably use stitches," He said. I then formed him that since he is planning on going to the Gulf Coast in two weeks I would prefer that he not have an open wound to get a nasty infection in. So he went to the doctor when he got home from work and got five stitches. I have not seen the after picture ( just a bandage), but the before was pretty nasty. His whole sock was red. I am just thankful that he had a dirty pair of socks in his truck that he was able to cut and use as a bandage and a home depot sack as a turnicut to keep it from bleeding so badly while he finished his job. (the home depot sack did not work so great so he used the other dirty sock, then he ended up tearing the sleeve off of his shirt) God took care of him and brought him home safely. The doctor just laughed at his story and told Joey that he should go with him when he goes to Africa on medical
missions because he would fit right in. The nurse bandaged him up and told him to leave it on until tomorrow. She said to just take a shower in the morning. Wow, wait a minute. Did she see how dirty he was and that he had been working all day in the heat? Well, we saran wrapped his leg so he could shower.

4 comments:
hey! who spilt the salsa!
That's nasty. Joey, I hope for Emily's sake you did not get blood all over the carpet. It looks iffy in that picture of Riley & your leg.
P.S. I'm glad you're okay though and that the tourniquet didn't work, otherwise they'd have had to amputate your foot.
so thats how you spell it...and yes theyd have to aputate, then half it again to fit it into a coffin.
Post a Comment