Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Riley's First Day of Kindergarten

Today is Riley's first day of Kindergarten. I am so thankful to have options on where to send her. We are very blessed to be a part of a new school in town, Crosspointe Preparatory. I felt very comfortable dropping her off at school this morning knowing that three out of the five school days will be at home. We have always considered homeschooling, but with my job and the little ones we did not see how homeschooling full time would work, but this is a great option for everyone. We are super excited. Anyway on with pictures which is what everyone really wants to see.


Riley in her "uniform" It is a very relaxed uniform and for that I am thankful.
With her big backpack

With her loving sisters
Walking up to school with the big backpackRiley with her teacher

Riley at her table
This morning while I was doing her hair she said, "Mom, I am a little scared." So we talked about how this was the first time for either of us to do this and that we would be okay. I am very thankful that my kids can express their fears, concerns and emotions to me. It is much better to talk about it than for her to throw a fit when I dropped her off. She did great! I hope her day goes super well. Thanks Nana for the new boots - She loves them!

5 comments:

gramme said...

Riley looks great and yes thanks Nanna for the boots. They are perfect. I know Riley will have a great day it just doesn't seem possible that her and Elle should be going to school. love

The Montandon's said...

Riley, Papaw and Mamaw are so proud of you. You look like reown-up girl sitting at your table. We are looking forward to seeing you.

emma said...

Those pictures are so sweet...I am so proud of her. I know it was a little scary but it sounds like she did wonderful!!!

Lesley said...

I almost started crying when I read what Riley said. What a sweet girl. It sounds like she did great on her first day and I am glad for that. Riley, I love your boots!

Kristin said...

I can't believe that Riley has started Kindergarten! It doesn't seem that long ago since I babysat her while I was at HU! What a beautiful little girl!