Thursday, November 06, 2008

Back to the land of the living

Things have been slightly crazy around here lately. On Monday, Oct. 27th Club week began for me which means things get very busy and being a dorm mom in a Freshman dorm it is a little bit more crazy. So just to spice things up a little Joey broke his elbow Monday afternoon and I had to take him the dr. Then on Tuesday we went to an orthopedic dr in LR. So having a one armed husband and a six month old I was not much help to the other sponsors during pledge week. I was able to help out once all the kids were in bed. On Friday, Halloween, we went to a trunk or treat at a local church, but I was not feeling so great and I had to leave. Lucy and I walked home and I made it back just in time to throw up when I walked in the door. Joey walked home later with the older two and on his way home he stopped by the caf. because we got to eat for free in there because of club week and Josey threw up in the caf. So, Joey one armedly (don't know if that is a real word, but it works for this) carried Josey home and walked with Riley. Needless to say it was a rough night. Riley woke up Saturday at 4 am throwing up in her bed. I pulled my dehydrated self out of bed having maybe 3 hrs of very restless sleep to help Riley get cleaned up. She threw up most of the day. Joey held off until Monday evening to get it which was nice since it took me until Tuesday to really recover. I am sure that it was quite the circus at our house on Friday night with Joey taking care of everyone and I was nursing Lucy, but could not get out of bed very well. Boy are we glad it has all passed. Thank you Joey for taking care of us even with your gimp arm.
So on that note, we are all better and Joey goes back to the dr. tomorrow to see how his elbow is healing and when he can go back to work. Please pray that all goes well.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow, when it rains it pours. Glad things have calmed down a bit and we're praying that Joey's elbow gets better soon.

emma said...

Oh my emily! I can not imagine...but I was expecting you to say you were preg until you said everyone else threw up too! Glad you are all back....makes you appreciate your health that much more! Wish I could just come over and help out.

Rachel said...

Total insanity! That stomach virus really has made the rounds. Glad you're all feeling better!

Bethany said...

Good grief!! Glad you are all getting better. I hope Joey's elbow heals, I bet it's making him crazy not being able to use it.
(Just thinking about that makes me feel claustophobic!)