Thursday, September 30, 2010

Nothing else to do so I shall update my blog

It has been quite some time since I have made myself is down and update the blog.  Now it is not me making my self sit down, but the doctor and I am actually laying down in bed.  So, with that being said - I went on Tuesday for my regular prenatal check up and ultrasound.  This visit was a little more disappointing that all of the previous in several ways.  One of my little darlings has flipped and is now breech leaving us looking at a high probability of a c-section.  This is frustrating for me because I had not planned it this way and that up until about two weeks ago they were both head down.  I know that there is still time and that God is in control so whatever happens happens and we will be okay.  I am still praying that she will flip back to the head down position.  My doc also checked me and I am already dilated to a 3 and I am only 32 weeks so I was given steroid shots to help with the development of the babies lungs.  Can I just say I am not a fan of the steroid shots, but got to do what is best for the little ones.  I have been put on modified bed rest (whatever that means).  I am taking it easy and laying around not doing much.
I am overwhelmed by the about of love and concern shown us over the last several days.  We have dinner for two weeks and offers of help keep coming in all forms and fashion.  My dad and Carolyn are coming a week from today to help out and get me through next weekend so that Lord willing we will make it beyond the 34 week mark.  I am still hoping for 36 weeks and know that we can do it, but will work with what we are given.  Everyday that these little girls stay where they are is a blessing.  I just ask you to pray for the situation for we know that God listens and is in control.

3 comments:

Papaw said...

I keep you all in my contant prayers. See you next week. I know I have the prettiest girls in the world, both big and small. You look beautiful Sis.
Love Dad

Chad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chad said...

I am always praying for you. In 2 Corinthians 1, Paul gives us a cool reason to praY: " you must add to your help by praying, for the more people there are praying, the more people there will be to give thanks when their prayers are answered!