Sunday night after having so much fun with lunch we decided to take the kids camping for the first time. Riley was so excited about the thought of sleeping in the tent. She wanted me to show it to her before we left. She did not understand that her request was not that easy. We had a blast. The girls got to go fishing with their daddy while I cooked dinner. Then we went on a walk after dark and laid by the lake and looked at the stars. Riley was in awe and it was so wonderful to listen to her talk about it. What a great thing. Then she was ready to go home which she meant the campsite. So we went back and Josey was ready for bed. I put her jammies on and laid her in the tent and she was out. Riley on the other hand was not ready for bed and so we told stories by the fire. She fell asleep in my arms. The girls slept pretty good, but Joey and I did not sleep much at all. We are pretty sure that it was worth the memories though.
Getting ready to go fishing.
Look at me, I am fishing.
Helping mom make supper.
So tired, but not ready for bed.
Getting ready to go fishing.
Look at me, I am fishing.
Helping mom make supper.
So tired, but not ready for bed.

3 comments:
What wonderful memories. Looks like fun. love
I bet it felt nice sitting by the fire and snugglin!
That looks like fun, even from Kauai.
Post a Comment